Thank you for your interest in the investment of a birth doula!
I have experience with all types of birth and would love to help you achieve your specific birth dreams and goals. I love working with husbands, significant others, moms, friends, or whoever you may invite to your birth, to best support you with any thing you may need in labor and during the delivery of your baby! This includes relaxation techniques, hot and cool pads, water, food, anything in my doula bag, and with my nursing background, I can help bring necessary knowledge and understanding to families while in any birth setting or situation. Together we can welcome your new family member into the world with joy, peace and celebration!
Why have a doula?
There are many documented reasons to have labor support. Having a doula present at birth decreases the cesarean rate by 28%, the use of pitocin by 31%, decreases the risk of having a dissatisfying birth experience by 34%, and decreases the length of labor an average of 40 minutes. (1)
My job is to support you in your pregnancy, birth and postpartum period.
- a free meet and greet consultation as early in your pregnancy as you’d like
- text, phone and email access throughout your pregnancy
- two prenatal visits where we will discuss your thoughts, concerns, and desires for birth, as well as your birth goals/plan (I can help you create this if needed!)
- on call access 24/7 starting at 38 weeks
- support during the active stage of labor
- immediate postpartum support for up to two hours after birth, including breastfeeding help
- one postpartum visit 10-14 days after birth where we will discuss any questions, comments and to help process the entirety of your birth experience
- text, phone and email access for six week postpartum for any needs you have
50% due at the time of contract signing, with the other half due by 37 weeks.
Payment plans are available.
Payment is accepted by cash, check, Zelle, Venmo or Paypal (includes a processing fee).
1.Bohren, M.A., Hofmeyr, G., Sakala, C., et al. (2017). “Continuous support for women during childbirth.” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2017, Issue 7. Art. No.: CD003766.
~all photos courtesy of birth boot camp~